Strawberry butter and Vegan strawberry spread
Strawberry butter is a sweet and cute spread for breakfast buns. And easy to make! Try also the vegan strawberry spread.
- 5-7 fresh strawberries (or 0,5 cups of freeze dried strawberries)
- 200 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoons honey
- pinch of black pepper & sea salt
Melt the butter until soft. If you use freeze dried strawberries, put them into a blender and puree until powder. Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. Let the butter thicken a little bit in the fridge.
VEGAN STRAWBERRY FRESH CHEESE
- 5-7 fresh strawberries (or 1 cup freeze dried strawberries)
- 0,5 cup cashews (steeped for at least an hour)
- 270 g plain tofu
- 1 tablespoon juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon coconut syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond oil (or other mild vegetable oil)
- 0,5 tsp bourbon vanilla
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (or other dairy-free milk or water)
If you are using the freeze-dried strawberries, chop them first into a powder in a blender. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth thick paste. Line a small bowl with a plastic wrap and press the mixture tightly into a bowl with a spoon. Cover the bowl and let the cream cheese sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning make a ball or stick from the mass. Serve for example with breakfast buns. Store in the refrigerator in a sealable jar or wrapped with foil or plastic wrap.
Try Strawberry butter or Strawberry spread for example with these poppy seed bread rolls!